Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Things that brighten my day!

 This winter seems to have been wetter and colder than unusual. Certainly more so than last winter or maybe I am just out of touch as to what is normal for the Oregon coast having spent 4 of the last 6 winters in the southwest! Whatever the truth is, nothing brightens my spirit more than to see spring flowers. Here at the camp ground, the daffodils are in bloom. 


Even though Daffodils are not native to North America, I still enjoy their bright yellow color. A flower that is native to this area is the Trillium.

I worked as a logger for almost 20 years and when these flowers bloomed, I knew warmer weather would soon arrive. Believe me, after working outdoors all winter, warm and sunny days were something to cherish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...