Monday, April 27, 2020

Locked down in Veneta!

I am starting my sixth week of lock down here in Veneta! I have not stayed in one place over a week in 2 years! I am fortunate to be in a situation where, other than moving about, this lock down had very little impact on my life style! I am staying on several rural  acres with family. It is almost like camping as there are lots of trees and a small seasonal stream on the property. I have been attempting to get photos of all the bird species I am seeing here! It is surprising how many there are when you take the time to look! The first one below is an Orange-crowned Warbler.


This is a Spotted Towhee.


This is a Pine Siskin.


This, as most of you will recognize, is a female Mallard .


I have also gotten photos of Dark-eyed Juncos, Black-capped Chickadees, American Crows and Lesser Goldfinch. There was a pair of Wood Ducks but I failed to get a photo of those. I also missed a Wilson's Warbler! I have heard Red-breasted Nuthatches and Pileated Woodpeckers but so far have not been able to bet any photos! As long as I am here I will keep looking! Who knows what will show up!

2 comments:

  1. Great to read your post and see your photos. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad that Jim solved our inability to comment!!!

    Welcome back to Oregon and Blogdom. I hope that we can camp and bird together soon.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...