Friday, November 1, 2019

Painted Rock Petroglyph campground

We stayed 1 night in Tombstone and had a great meal at Big Nose Kates Saloon. It was 33 degrees when we woke yesterday morn so headed west toward Yuma. We are at Gila Bend at the petroglyph site.


As you can see it is pretty barren but with my senior discount it is only $4 per night.
There is a large heap of boulders covered with petroglyphs from indians and early travelers thru this area.


As you can see the markings completely cover some of the rocks. Here is an arrogant idiot ignoring the do not enter signs.


When he saw me taking his pics he claimed there were no signs on the other side. I ignored him. Having walked completely around the mound myself, I knew that was a lie! Maybe his girlfriend was impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...