Thursday, October 17, 2019

Tonto Natural Bridge

This morning we checked out Tonto Natural Bridge.


A short distance from the entrance is this sign warning of a steep grade!


I have seen warning signs for up to 8% grades but this beats them all! The bridge was made when the river flow underground thru the canyon leaving a bridge type formation above.


The arch looks small here but is close to 20 feet in height. The canyon walls have interesting geological features!


In places the plant life above is actually hanging over the wall!


We had hoped to see some coatimundis but no luck! I was able to ID a few birds and saw a number of small lizards darting about. Temps are starting to drop south of us so we are planning on heading out to new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...