Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Lahontan Reservoir, Silver Springs. NV

This location has become an annual stop in my snowbird trips. This year I get to share it with Amy! It was another beautiful sunrise!


Despite a cold wind, the birding was good and I identified 27 species. I even added a few more to my list for this location. Here is a link to the ebird checklist. Now if you read my previous post you may be wondering about our rendezvous with Jay near Lakeview. A quick look at the Oregon hwy cams which showed 2 snow covered passes between me and Lakeview was enough to cause us to abandon that route and head south to warmer and drier climes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...