Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Boon docking on yhe Naval observatory road

We are boon docking near Flagstaff,  AZ on the Naval Observatory road. We were too warm at Lake Mead and it was too hot to go south so we headed east into the mountains near Flagstaff. I have never been here so it seemed a good choice. Temps are 70/30 so a bit of a change ftom 90/50. This is a free camping area and is covered with pine and oak trees. There are no facilities here but we filled up with fresh water and emptied waste water before leaving Lake Mead.



I did a short walk to check the area and look for birds. Only 4 species so far. Looking at ebird, I will probably see the same species we have in Oregon. I am always hoping to add to my life list but this might not be the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...