Friday, October 4, 2019

Afton Canyon Campground

Not sure how to describe our location but we are 3 miles south of Interstate 15 about 1/2 way between Barstow, CA and the Nevada border. We spotted this campground on a map and decided to stop. I did not want to drive all the way from Lake Diaz to Lake Mead in 1 shot. The road is a bit rough but easily driveable.


It is a BLM campground so my senior discount is valid. Only $3 a night with discount. 1 potable water spigot snd 2 pit toilets. The Mojave river is nearby but there is no water in it. I did go birding but not many species. Too hot this afternoon. Maybe better in the morning. I did see a roadrunner which was a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...