Saturday, January 12, 2019

Desert Wildflowers

This being only my second snowbird trip to the area, I am not familiar with the usual weather. Last year I had no rain days while here but this year I have had about 12! One benefit is that I am getting to see a lot of blossoming wildflowers. I do not know their names but here are some pics of them!






As you can see, a good variety of shapes and colors. Most are small, not more than one inch across. There are also lots of pollinators like bees and butterflies. I'll save those pics for another day!

2 comments:

  1. Glenn, common names for your flowers are (1) Brittlebush, (2) Desert Globemallow, (3) Paper Onion, (4) Scorpionweed, (5) I believe to be Cliff Fendlerbush.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...