Thursday, November 15, 2018

New Camera!

My camera has been slowly dying for several months, it refuses to focus, so I broke down and purchased a new Nikon Coolpix P900! One reason I chose this camera is that it has 83 times zoom! I often spot birds too far to ID with my binoculars but I can now reach out and ID many more with this zoom. Last night I took pics of the moon!


I am very happy with the results. I have seen pics, on line, of Saturn and its rings that the poster claims were taken with this camera with no additional scoping! I hope to give that a try on a moonless night. Today I took it to Rotary Park for some bird pics. I need to get more experience with this camera to get the best results but I am happy with these! First this Great Blue Heron taken at 90 feet.


This Robin pic was taken at bout 30 feet.



This pic of Ring-necked Ducks was taken at several hundred feet in low morning light.


Overall I am pleased with the camera's performance! If you wold like to to more pics and today,s complete ebird list, click here: Rotary Park birding list


1 comment:

  1. Wow, big difference in the quality of your photos. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...