Thursday, November 8, 2018

Back in Arizona at Craggy Wash!

I left Lake Mead and Boulder Beach campground behind early this very morning as to get ahead of a the high winds due later in the day. I am now at Craggy Wash where I have stayed several times on last years trip!


There are no facilities but you can stay for up to 14 days free of charge and Lake Havasu City is just a few miles away and has everything you could need! Not as many campers here as last year. While at Boulder Beach, I was able to visit the Henderson Bird Viewing preserve several times, Corn Creek NWR and Clark County Wetlands. Lots of birds to see at those locations! Dawn, Rich and I made several night hikes at Boulder Beach. One night we documented a Common Poorwill. The last ebird sighting, of this species, was recorded in 1999! I am staying indoors this afternoon as the winds are gusting and bird viewing would be limited. I will head to Rotary Park tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it before the winds kicked up as it did. The birds were lying low, like you:

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...