Friday, April 27, 2018

Salemtowne

I spent most of this week in the Salem area with my friends, Jim and Jeanette Scott. They took me to a number of their favorite birding hot spots! We spent yesterday in town at various parks. A great area to visit, even if you are not a bird person, are the parks along the Willamette River. There are several pedestrian bridges which offer great river views.


This bridge is a converted railroad bridge. To the south lay a couple highway bridges where we spotted a Peregrine Falcon.


There are a number of things to do and see through out the parks. There is a children's museum, where I have been with some of my grandchildren, with fun things to see and do. There is also a Carousel museum, which I did not have opportunity to visit, and a paddle wheel boat on which you can take dinner trips!


I would encourage you to visit the area if you have a chance. I will certainly be back!


1 comment:

  1. Good post, and outstanding photo of the old railroad bridge.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...