Sunday, April 8, 2018

Lahontan Reservoir, Silver Spring NV

I am back at Lahontan Reservoir where I camped for a few days on my way south last October.


I picked a spot at the Developed camp sites rather than camping right on the beach. All campsites are $15 per night. There are no hook ups but the developed sites have showers and flush toilets where as the others just have pit toilets. The bad news is that the showers and flush toilets are closed till April 19. The waste water dump opened April 1 as it was closed for the winter months. Some things have changed since my last visit. All the leaves are gone from the trees as you can see in the two campsite pics and the lake is much fuller!


The campsites flooded campsites, in this pic, were about 400 feet from the waters edge last October! The ranger said the the lake is already at July levels. Good news for Nevada as many lakes like this one and Lake Mead are in need of water! A lot of the area I birded last fall is under water but there is still some great birds there including Western Bluebirds like this one!


I am looking forward to birding here the next couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...