Sunday, April 1, 2018

Boulder Beach Campground 4/1/2018

Another month arrives! It has been 6 months since I left the Oregon coast and started this adventure and it has been a fun and educational trip! I started the morning with my usual bird walk. No new species here at Lake Mead but I captured a great pic of a Horned Lark!


What I like about the photo is that it clearly shows the horns (feathers) that give this species its name! After birding, I headed into town for a few things. I have been putting of some RV cosmetic work until I got back to Oregon. I wanted to repair and paint the cracked fiberglass fender and stain the paneling below the table. My shoes had made a noticeable worn spot near the floor. As I thought about what needed to be done, it made more sense to do it here where the temperatures are warm and the air is dry. I am very pleased with the results!


Filled and painted! You can also see the end of the new axle. Pull off the end cap and there is a grease fitting so no more hand packing the bearings! I painted both fenders and they look great. I also stained the paneling.


The new stain blends in well with the old and no more worn out spots! It feels good to get thing taken care of! The only current project left is to mount solar panels on the roof but that will wait till I get back to Oregon as I want to purchase a couple more panels and I will need a ladder!

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...