Sunday, February 4, 2018

Salineno TX 2/4/2018

Been busy with the volunteer job. Chatting with visitors and helping them spot and ID birds. Besides having birds here, there are also Texas Indigo snakes!


Indigo snakes are the largest native North American snake. This one was about 5 or 6 ft long. That is about average for this area. They can get over 8 ft long. I kept a good distance even though they are not poisonous. I have been catching bass in the Rio Grande in the evening. Last night I caught a Bluegill along with 2 bass. I can see catfish swimming around and will probably try for one of those in a couple days. I have no cell phone reception but the other hosts have a satelite dish and let me connect thru it to the internet. I am still adding life birds to my list and have added 94 species on this trip. I am sure I will pass 100 before heading home!

1 comment:

  1. Glenn, you sure are having a major adventure! The number of birds you've added to your life list is amazing ... and the other critters are fun to read about. Thanks for sharing your stories and photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...