Monday, December 11, 2017

Reflecting on seasonal changes.

Went birding today at several locations. No new Life list birds or even new for Mohave county but still had a good time out in the sunshine! While in Rotary Park, I noticed the foliage was changing to "autumn" colors.

Since it is mid December, I ought to refer to it as "winter" colors! Though not as eye catching as the color change in some states, it is still noticeable. Looking at the leaves caused me to reflect on why, despite all the Christmas decorations and music playing in stores, it doesn't feel like the holiday season. The weather changes around the season the I experienced in Oregon are missing here. It is sunny and in the 70's everyday and the coldest nights so far are in the upper 40's. Feels like an Oregon summer! Maybe that is why I am not feeling as home sick as I expected! Don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying being active outdoors everyday. One of the main reasons for this trip was to avoid the seemingly endless rainy winter days back home and I am accomplishing that!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your reflections. Having been down here many winters I know the strange feelings it brings up, but in the end being able to stay active is worth it

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...