Monday, November 12, 2018

Rotary Park, Lake Havasu City

The wind has been blowing pretty briskly here the last few days, limiting my birding adventures. I was able to get to Rotary Park a couple of mornings for some rewarding birding. My camera is having episodes if not focusing so I have been limited in the pics I get. Some of the few I got were of an Inca dove.


This bird is half the size of Mourning doves so if you can spot one it stands out! You will notice the feathers have a scale type pattern! This next pic is a Ladder-backed Woodpecker.


The name is obviously from the ladder like striping on its back! Rotary Park has many great features like a butterfly garden where I got an awesome pic of a Monarch butterfly with a Queen butterfly right below it!

I love the contrasting colors and patterns between the two! I hope my camera will hang in there until I can purchase a new camera. Choices for electronic devices are limited in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...