Tuesday, November 20, 2018

More birding at Cibola NWR

Today I birded in the marshes south of the Cibola Headquarters where I have been going. I had some great finds and got some great pics. Still have lot to learn about the new camera! A rare find for this location was a Black-bellied Plover! The last reported sighting was 9 years ago and only 2 sightings have ever been recorded at Cibola NWR! This will draw a red flag on eBird which is normal for rare sightings especially since I am not a local birder but I have picture proof!


I did not recognize the species as the coloring is different than those on the Oregon coast. This time of year they lack the black colored belly! The next 2 species I have also seen on the Oregon coast but they were easier to ID as I have seen them in this plumage. The first pic is of Dunlin and the second is a Least Sandpiper!



To see more pics and a complete list of today's birds, click here: Cibola NWR ebird list There are actually 2 lists for today but this one has the most pics!

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...